August 23, 2023 – Singapore, Singapore
Oasys, a game-optimized blockchain, is proud to co-host an online hackathon with AWS (Amazon Web Services) in Singapore in collaboration with event partners Ubisoft, ChainGuardians, Adventure Gold DAO and AAG.
With a total prize pool of $42,000, the GameWave Genesis hackathon focuses on Web 3.0 game development and innovation to empower game developers through education, sponsorship and dedicated support to build more games on Oasys.
The GameWave Genesis hackathon is an important step in making Web 3.0 gaming mainstream by adopting current trends like interoperability, seamless integration of NFTs and in-game components, and creating autonomous worlds.
By creating an environment where developers find the support to build and deploy on Oasys and its layer two consisting of multiple verses, GameWave Genesis creates a bridge between traditional gaming and the Web 3.0 space.
GameWave Genesis will take place at Ethereum Singapore 2023 and TOKEN2049Asia’s premier crypto conference reaching a broader audience and providing opportunities for more gaming professionals who want to learn about Oasys and its applications in the gaming industry.
Daiki Moriyama, director of Oasys, said,
“Since its inception, Oasys has empowered developers worldwide to innovate. We know developers face unique challenges to make their games Web 3.0 ready and interoperable in the blockchain age.
“We want to call out to our fast-growing developer network to rally around making a difference in a dynamic and innovative space. We are grateful to partners, sponsors and participants who join us in building the future of gaming.”
Running from August 18 to September 13, 2023, the online hackathon will provide a platform for innovative and promising projects, allowing developers to showcase their skills, collaborate with like-minded professionals and learn about the transformative potential of Oasys and Web 3.0 gaming principles in AMA sessions.
They will also have the chance to meet Oasys and verses team members and representatives of global tech and game giants to jointly develop ideas, products and Web 3.0 games.
The top three products will receive $30,000 in USDT for the Oasys prize split between first15,000 second 10,000 and third 5,000 lace.
Participants will also receive $30,000 in AWS credits, some Ubisoft perks and assistance to deploy projects on Oasys or connected verses.
Additional prizes from Oasys’ sponsors are also available across several distinct categories.
Applications for the hackathon are open via the Dorahacks website. Participants can join channels to team up with builders and get more information from the Oasys team.
Schedule and prize structure
The event timeline is as follows:
- August 22 at 11:00 am UTC AMA
- September 5 ubmission deadline
- September 8 inalist announcement
- September 13 Demo Day (hybrid) at AWS Office 23 Church St, #08-01, Singapore 049481
Builders can pick a theme and should submit the product by September 5. Each sponsor will select the winner from the submissions.
Additionally, Oasys and AWS will pick the top three prizes among all submitted products. Finalists will compete for a number of exciting prizes.
- Oasys and AWS prize: $30,000 in USDT for the Oasys prize and $30,000 in AWS credits for the AWS prize
- First place Oasys prize 15,000 in USDT / AWS prize 10,000 in AWS credits
- Second place Oasys prize 10,000 in USDT / AWS prize 10,000 in AWS credits
- Third place Oasys prize 5,000 in USDT / AWS prize 10,000 in AWS credits
- Interoperability around Champions Tactics or a tool helping for interoperability between Web 3.0 games
- Products demonstrating a creative or educational use case of OASYS layer two blockchain
- Products considering the interoperability of the creator’s NFTs and/or other potential existing NFT collections on Oasys
- Utilize TomoOne NFT as a pivotal game element ncrease utilities for TomoOne NFT by creating casual/mini games for over 10,000 TomoOne active users to play and keep their Tomo happy
Adventure Gold DAO prize3,000
- Create an autonomous world or a DApp for it on Loot Chain
*NoteApplicants can submit the same product to more than one theme if it is a match
Panel of judges
The distinguished panel of judges will include Dominic Jang from Oasys and representatives from AWS and each sponsor, bringing expertise and insight.
- Dominic Jang, head of business development at Oasys
- Stacey-Ann Pearson, head of Web 3.0 for APAC at Amazon Web Services
- Keisuke Hata, general manager of blockchain entertainment business division at Square Enix
- Didier Genevois, Web 3.0 technical and product director at Ubisoft
- Idon Liu, NFT professor at ChainGuardians
- Jack Vinijtrongjit, co-founder and CEO at AAG
- Birchnut, core contributor at Adventure Gold DAO
- A demo and/or presentation materials are acceptable if the product is compatible with the Oasys chain
- Products that are already under development are also acceptable
- Sand-Verse is available as a test environment if developers want to deploy on it
The GameWave Genesis Hackathon will actively seek talented and enthusiastic developers to sponsor their next big gaming project on Oasys.
Projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Compatibility with Oasys
- Gameplay and user experience (engagement) for game products
- Contribution to UX improvement for non-game products
- Creativity and concept originality
- Demo availability
- Team stability
- Business viability
How to register for the GameWave Genesis Hackathon
The GameWave Genesis Hackathon, co-hosted by Oasys and AWS, marks an important milestone in the brand’s ambition to encourage innovation, education and collaboration in the gaming and blockchain industries.
GameWave Genesis aims to pave the way for innovative game models that appeal to a global community of traditional players, empowering game developers and teams, promoting idea exchange and creating a more dynamic and inclusive Web 3.0 gaming space.
Oasys is a blockchain-based game development platform that offers a highly scalable layer one hub and specialized layer two using Ethereum’s layer two scaling solution.
The ecosystem provides game developers with a secure and scalable blockchain infrastructure for creating more efficient, secure and interoperable games.
Among Oasys’ validators are leaders in gaming and Web 3.0, such as SEGA, Ubisoft and Yield Guild Games, who act as initial validators in our PoS (proof-of-stake) based blockchain.
Oasys’ expert blockchain team, combined with the biggest names in gaming, is revolutionizing the gaming industry.
Oasys solves the challenges that game developers face when building blockchain-based games by focusing on creating an ecosystem for gamers and developers to distribute and develop games.
The company’s trifecta approach includes a fast network powered by the gaming community, a scalable network powered by AAA game developers and a blockchain that provides the best user experience with fast transactions and zero gas fees.
This approach prepares participants to enter the Oasys and play.
More information on Oasys is available below.
Akari Oeda, Oasys
This content is sponsored and should be regarded as promotional material. Opinions and statements expressed herein are those of the author and do not reflect the opinions of The Daily Hodl. The Daily Hodl is not a subsidiary of or owned by any ICOs, blockchain startups or companies that advertise on our platform. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in any ICOs, blockchain startups or cryptocurrencies. Please be advised that your investments are at your own risk, and any losses you may incur are your responsibility.
Check out the Latest Industry Announcements
The post Oasys and AWS Unveil Web 3.0 Gaming Hackathon With the Support of Ubisoft and Leading Web 3.0 Brands appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
Source: Daily HODL
Original Post: Oasys and AWS Unveil Web 3.0 Gaming Hackathon With the Support of Ubisoft and Leading Web 3.0 Brands