Ledger is gearing up to launch a new app on just about every device imaginable.
The first release from the hardware wallet company will be available on Windows, macOS and Linux starting on July 9th. Ledger says the initial release is designed to “bring all the current set of features supported by all our different apps, but in a unified and multi currency unique application.” Until now, Ledger users have relied on separate Chrome applications to manage their coins.
Hardware wallets are physical devices that allow you to securely store your cryptocurrency offline. You can then connect the device to your computer/internet and use a pin code to access and exchange your funds.
Here’s the complete list of features included on Ledger’s desktop app:
- Native desktop application (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Multi currencies (28 cryptos including Bitcoin, Altcoins, Ethereum, Ripple…)
- Multi devices (Ledger Nano S, Ledger Blue)
- Read only consultation of accounts without device (protected by optional password)
- Dashboard view of all assets
- Counter values: choice of currency & exchanges
- Send, receive, account balances & history
- Confirmation before sending funds
- On device verification of the receive address
- Faster account synchronization engine
- Easy onboarding for new users
After the desktop apps launch, Ledger will focus on the mobile scene.
“Today, we are excited to announce the upcoming availability of our new generation Ledger Wallet application, built natively for desktop and mobile, gathering all cryptocurrencies in a single, unified place,” says Ledger CEO Eric Larcheveque.
Ledger plans to release its app on iOS and Android in Q4 of this year. ERC20 tokens will eventually be supported on all apps.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Your transfers and trades are at your own risk. Any loses you may incur are your responsibility. Please note that The Daily Hodl also participates in affiliate marketing programs.
Check Out the Latest Headlines
The post Ledger Is Launching Long-Awaited Desktop Apps, With iOS and Android Coming Next appeared first on The Daily Hodl.
Source: Daily HODL
Original Post: Ledger Is Launching Long-Awaited Desktop Apps, With iOS and Android Coming Next